VivaPia

måndag, januari 01, 2007

It is a new year!

...and it started better than ever. I don't know why, but M and I took a long walk in the freezing wind and it made me so happy, I think it's going to be a splendid year!

I have some new year's resolutions I want to announce (though my history of keeping promises I've made here on the blog isn't promising). These are the things I will make during 2007:

  • My own pattern
    I want to design my own knitting wear! There are a lot of beautiful patterns out there, but noone seem to design exactly the things I'm craving for. Though I figure that I should learn more about knitting techniques.
  • No more knitting mistakes
    I know that even really good knitters fail from time to time and make things that they are not happy with. Well, I'm not one of them anymore. This year I will only knit wearable, goodlooking things that I'm totally satisfied with.
  • A pair of socks
    Well, anything that is a bit tricky would do, mittens as well! As long as it contains a pattern based on structure or different colors and are made in pairs!
Keep your fingers crossed and maybe I'll fulfill at least 2 out of 3!

Speaking of a totally satisfying knit, here's a close up of Birch lying on my bed, blocking.


Isn't she lovely, lace really is fun! Maybe I should come up with my own lace pattern?



Can you spot my very satisfied face in the picture below? I look like a very proud mom looking at her kids. Very smug. But that's how Birch has made me feel! I'm in love with her and I honestly don't know how I'll be able to part from her.


3 Comments:

At 9:59 em, Blogger Tijm said...

Good resolutions!!!
And I love the Birch!!!
Also a nice colour!!!

You must by very happy with it.

 
At 9:33 em, Anonymous Anonym said...

Birch is beautiful! It really is a stunning shawl.

Good luck on designing--it is also something I am thinking about this year.

 
At 7:28 fm, Blogger Strumpstickan said...

Beautiful Birch shawl!

 

Skicka en kommentar

<< Home