VivaPia

lördag, mars 25, 2006

A picture tells more than a thousand words

This picture is supposed to tell you that my Deep-V Argyle Vest is finished! Alles klar! Tout pret! Helt färdig! I will publish a better photo later. I promise. The yellow thing you see in my hands is the beginning of the Ferragamo-bag from the Fake-a-gamo KAL.



I'm using Garnstudio's Muskat, an Egyptian mercerised cotton, on 5,0 mm (US 8) needles. The instructions recommended a similar yarn, but using US 9 needles. One triangel is 11,5 cm (4,5'') long and 8 cm (3,15'') high and according to the instructions it should be 5'' and 3''. Not bad, right? I'm very happy the way the yarn look, and this is a fun pattern to knit. I'm so ssatisfied that I will go right to Maria's yarn and buy the missing 10 or so skeins!


I have one comment on the pattern. It is recommended to twist the 'yarn overs' before knitting them purlwise to avoid holes. I would like to add that yarn-overs on the left side respectively the right side of the triangel's center should be twisted in opposite ways. It's a very small detail, but I think it looks better that way!

Has anyone an idea of where to find nice leather details?

6 Comments:

At 6:36 em, Blogger miastick said...

Vad fin västen ser ut! Längtar efter att få se den lite tydligare! Kom igen nu, håll oss inte på halster...

 
At 8:00 em, Blogger Välklädd said...

Tack! Det ska komma en bild. Bilden jag lagt ut okynnestog M, och jag har bara inte tagit mig tid att posera snyggt i bra ljus. Ett sånt mästerverk förtjänar ju en bra bild! ;)

 
At 11:00 fm, Blogger Linster said...

Ciao bella! Har du stickplaner för morgonkvällen? Funderar på att ge västen en chans till imorrn på Gino's. Vill du hänga med?

 
At 1:29 em, Blogger katarinaw said...

Den blev ju superfin! Vore kul att få se den live...

 
At 3:07 em, Anonymous Anonym said...

Aaah! Oooh! I want that bag! (Minus the strange tassles...)

 
At 4:49 em, Blogger Melissa said...

Your argyle vest looks great. I love your color choice also!

 

Skicka en kommentar

<< Home