VivaPia

måndag, maj 01, 2006

FO: Ferragamo bag


I feel quite pleased with myself. It is ready, enfin!
Viva Ferragamo! Viva Pia!

Pattern: Kates Beta-pattern for the Ferragamo bag, found here. Pattern for the curlicues can be found here.
Size: One size, BIG
Yarn: Garnstudio's Muskat, color 20 (yellow), 550 g = 11 skeins. Knitted with two threads for the bag and one for the curlicues.
Needles: Unknown brand, 5,5 mm round needle for the bag and 5,0 mm needles for the curlicues.
Modification: Well, since the pattern wasn't quite finished, alterations were done all the time, and the top is all my version.
Notes: I've also used leather, rivets and a riveted-locker for the top and fabric and a zipper for the inside.

I've been working hard on this one. Yesterday morning I sat down on the floor to work with all the cool tools in my bathrobe. (That's why I show some unimpropriate leg in the picture.) There are so many things that have to be measured all the time, and while you can rip and reknit while knitting, working with leather doesn't allow that kind of alterations.

Here are some photos of the details of the bag. First I was thinking of ditching the curlicues because they look a bit strange, but I'm so glad I didn't do that! They are gorgeous!


And one more picture of me and the finished bag:


I'm off to new adventures now, see ya!

10 Comments:

At 1:37 em, Blogger grodan said...

Jag vet inte vad jag ska säga. Den är verkligen grymt snygg! Och en så snygg modell som posar med väskan också!

 
At 3:07 em, Blogger Annelie said...

Tres chiq!

 
At 7:08 em, Blogger miastick said...

Underbar! Grattis! Den verkar onekligen mycket krånglig att göra... beundransvärt!

 
At 7:57 em, Blogger OLGAJAZZY said...

OMG!
What a Beauteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
I love the idea with the leather! I guess I will have to make one myself now for sure! Kate is such a genius persuing the pattern adventure! Still not sure about the top though!..
Do you live in Norway?!

 
At 8:50 em, Blogger DonnaC said...

Fantastic - I'm so inspired. LOVE the yellow!

 
At 1:34 fm, Blogger knitlit kate said...

WHOA! that is one fantastic fake-a-gamo! i LOVE the way you handled the top. and the size is really great. viva la vivapia! (and thanks for the link.)

 
At 7:13 fm, Anonymous Anonym said...

Imponerande! Verkar svårt att få till det bra i läder, men du lyckades jättebra!

 
At 9:57 fm, Blogger Linster said...

Fantastiskt! Och den är så mycket större än jag trodde! OK för att du är kort och väskan ser större ut på dig än vad den skulle på mig, men jag trodde den skulle vara mindre än en A4... Coolt! Jättebra jobb, verkligen. *beundrar*

 
At 12:22 fm, Blogger lanas y tramas said...

Hola Pia!!!

The bag is very, very nice, Urra for you!!
Alejandra, from Buenos Aires

 
At 9:55 em, Blogger altaviese said...

Wow, I am so in love with your bag. I'm going to start looking for yarn now.

 

Skicka en kommentar

<< Home