VivaPia

fredag, maj 05, 2006

Secret Pal 8 - my first!

I've joined Secret Pal 8. Below follows a description of me that shows a much more boring side of me than I'd like to show! Well, well...

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
What I like? Wool, cotton, alpaca. These I like and I don't play favourites with yarn, they are equally suited for different things. I don't like synthetic yarn. I've knitted with bulky multicoloured yarn but realised that it's not for me either.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
-Their original packages if still existing, or loose in my yarn-basket.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
-I've been knitting since last summer, say 9 months? I still think I'm quite advanced, anyone who disagrees can leave a comment. :)

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
-Nope.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
-I don't like scented candles, for other things I like fresh and/or sweet scents.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
-Guilty as charged. Chocolate. Chocolate with orangecrisps. Chocolate with caramel. If you're from Suisse, I'm addicted to Ragusa . If you're from Great Britain, I also love Cadbury's milk chocolate mix. Well, you all get the picture.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
-I've made some mosaic, but it's unfortunately on hold now. I don't spin. I'd like to know how to and I'd like to learn how to weave.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
-A little bit of everything. Depeche Mode, french chansons, Yeah Yeah Yeah's, swedish pop/rock, well anything that's not boring to listen to. ;) My computer plays anything!

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
-Favorite colour: RED! Haven't knitted anything in red though. I actually like most colours, and can't come up with any colour I don't like... Maybe I can say that I like bright colours, and more pale/pastel. But I don't like "ordinary" colours. Whatever that is...

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
-No pets. I live with my boyfriend.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
-I prefer scarves among the 4 mentioned above. The others are ok, but not any favourites.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
-Sweaters and cardigans for me.

13. What are you knitting right now?
-Starsky and Norweigan stockings.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
-Yes.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
-Circular. I think I'll sound like a snob now, but I just bought needles in rosenholz and I love them. Before I preferred bamboo.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
-No, and my boyfriend has actually asked me why I don't buy any.

17. How did you learn to knit?
-At school when I was maybe 10, and then from internet when I picked it up again last summer.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
-2 months?

19. What is your favorite holiday?
-Christmas.

20. Is there anything that you collect?
-No.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
-Interweave Knits. I've subscribed to Vogue too but haven't received any yet. I've seen a book about Bohus-knitting (at Maria's yarn) but I don't remember the name of it... What I need is a good reference book about differnt techniques, not patterns, but techniques so that I could move up from intermediate to advanced!

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
-Lace. And everything else I don't know. Oh, I don't even know enough to specify!

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
-I wouldn't say I am. I've started my first sock but haven't reached the heel yet.
I'm a swedish 37, which I think is an American 6½?

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
-March/9