VivaPia

söndag, oktober 01, 2006

Secret Pal Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like natural yarns; wool and alpaca are favourites of mine. I'm okay with cotton, but I've only used it twice, and it weren't any sensation. What I don't like is yarn that are thick, then thin, then thick... or with lots of acrylic. You can call me a yarn snob, but I know that I'm not the only one. I think I'm just going back to basic and more traditional yarns.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I've a wonderful needle case for my circulars that my Secret Pal 8 gave me! It's wonderful.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
First I learnt in school or was it my mum who taight me when I was about ten? I remember me crocheting and my sister knitting when we were very young. This time around I've knitted for one year and... 2 months? I'm intermediate and I think I'll stay at that level for quite a while.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Nope.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
Fresh scents with names like breeze or forest hill. I don't like lavender for some reason.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes. I like chocolate, en masse!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I don't spin, but I've recently started to sew. I've made one skirt and started on a dress! I also used to do some mosaic, but my mosaic-UFO never seem to be finished.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like music. Recently, M and I haven't been able to say a word to each other without starting to sing and turn it into a musical. I like Dolly Parton, Depeche Mode, Sir Eric and Beyond, french chansons, the Knives...

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
For SP 8 I wrote that I liked red but that I'd never knitted anything in it at that time. I'm knitting in wine red now and my preferences have changed too. Could it be the season that make me think of puple, darker colours like wooden green and skyblue. I think it depends a lot of I'm knitting. Sometimes I like bright colours, (like my yellow Ferragamo bag), but they can be quite ugly too.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my boyfriend. We have no pets.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, yes, yes, it happens. Of the four, I'd say scarves are the ones I prefer most.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Sweaters that I can wear. After that comes scarves (though I have never finished anyone for me) or other things that are that are quicker. I like stylish things that I can wear. I'm thinking of knitting mittens.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Forecast and Print 'O the Wave stole. And a beret for my friend's birthday.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circular, preferrably in rosewood or ebenholtz.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Unfortunately, no.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
5-6 months?

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas

19. Is there anything that you collect?
No, good friends?

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I think I'm subscribing to Interweave and Vogue, but I don't know if I should renew them soon, or if I should have done that a while ago.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Yes! I'm too lazy just to learn something without reason, but if I find a pattern I like, I will not hesitate to learn what's needed to knit the pattern.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
No, I'm knitting on my first pair of socks. I don't think I'll ever finish them. I'd like to be a sock knitter, they make wonderful presents!

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
March, 9th