I've joined Secret Pal 8. Below follows a description of me that shows a much more boring side of me than I'd like to show! Well, well...
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?What I like? Wool, cotton, alpaca. These I like and I don't play favourites with yarn, they are equally suited for different things. I don't like synthetic yarn. I've knitted with bulky multicoloured yarn but realised that it's not for me either.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?-Their original packages if still existing, or loose in my yarn-basket.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?-I've been knitting since last summer, say 9 months? I still think I'm quite advanced, anyone who disagrees can leave a comment. :)
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?-Nope
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
-I don't like scented candles, for other things I like fresh and/or sweet scents.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
-Guilty as charged. Chocolate. Chocolate with orangecrisps. Chocolate with caramel. If you're from Suisse, I'm addicted to Ragusa . If you're from Great Britain, I also love Cadbury's milk chocolate mix. Well, you all get the picture.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
-I've made some mosaic, but it's unfortunately on hold now. I don't spin. I'd like to know how to and I'd like to learn how to weave.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
-A little bit of everything. Depeche Mode, french chansons, Yeah Yeah Yeah's, swedish pop/rock, well anything that's not boring to listen to. ;) My computer plays anything!
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?-Favorite colour: RED! Haven't knitted anything in red though. I actually like most colours, and can't come up with any colour I don't like... Maybe I can say that I like bright colours, and more pale/pastel. But I don't like "ordinary" colours. Whatever that is...
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?-No pets. I live with my boyfriend.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
-I prefer scarves among the 4 mentioned above. The others are ok, but not any favourites.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?-Sweaters and cardigans for me.
13. What are you knitting right now?-Starsky and Norweigan stockings.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
-Circular. I think I'll sound like a snob now, but I just bought needles in rosenholz and I love them. Before I preferred bamboo.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
-No, and my boyfriend has actually asked me why I don't buy any.
17. How did you learn to knit?-At school when I was maybe 10, and then from internet when I picked it up again last summer.
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
19. What is your favorite holiday?
20. Is there anything that you collect?
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?-Interweave Knits. I've subscribed to Vogue too but haven't received any yet. I've seen a book about Bohus-knitting (at Maria's yarn) but I don't remember the name of it... What I need is a good reference book about differnt techniques, not patterns, but techniques so that I could move up from intermediate to advanced!
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
-Lace. And everything else I don't know. Oh, I don't even know enough to specify!
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
-I wouldn't say I am. I've started my first sock but haven't reached the heel yet.I'm a swedish 37, which I think is an American 6½?
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)